Sabbath Day

Sabbath day and I am gazing
With eyes on the living past
Living because its beauty
Has never been surpassed

'Tis a picture of fair Utah
Springville where I was born
A beautiful blossoming valley
That crystal streams adorn

Peaks of lofty mountains
Shows grandeur to the eye
Groves of shady woodland
Where pleasure seekers lie

Fruits of luscious sweetness
Hanging from bending bows
Troops of laughing children
Herds of mooing cows

As I stand still gazing
There sounds on memories' ear
A bell that is softly tolling
With notes so sweet and clear

This beautiful bell that's tolling
So fresh in memories' ear
It used to seem to say to me
Come here, Come here, Come here

And there I used to wander
To the old white church house dear
With the music of its pealing bell
Still sounding in my ear

On earth there is none grander
From heaven its praise I hear
For angels must be sounding
These love notes in my ear

For I still in memory wander
To the old white church house dear
Can hear the old bells tolling
Come here, Come here, Come here.

Popular Posts