Unbind The Chains

It came a tiny little babe
That breathed to live and grow
Until it grew to be quite large
And its hair got white like snow

Unlike a plant ready to droop
It had a power to think
And so it said to master time
"I now stand on the brink"

"My feet they will not take one step
Only very, very slow
They cannot take me swiftly
Since my hair got white like snow

Of my hands they're so uncertain
As to sometimes lose control
To feel the separation coming
Twist the body and the soul

Sometimes I long to be set free
It seems the soul could carry me
Back, back unto the days of prime
To freedom from the change of time

To that elastic step of yours
When innocence from me did pour
The sweet refreshing drops of peace
That only can the soul release

Unbind the chains of circumstance
That offers evil paths to trod
Shake off the fetters to the soul
And yield me to a love with God

Back, back to babyhood and say
As with new life just begun
Repentance, honor and good works
Shall make me and you one."

Popular Posts