The Great Redeemer

Last night I dreamed I was living
In the time our Christ was born
And saw his tiny infant head
Pillowed on his Mother's arm

I saw the star of Bethlehem
Leading from far away
The wisemen with their gifts of love
At His blessed feet to lay

Chorus

As voices of Heavenly Angels
On earth the tidings sang
"Tis him the great Redeemer
Who redeems the sins of men

One thought I saw the vision
The wise med had to stay
The wicked hand of King Herod
The infant Christ to slay

And saw His humble parents
God's warnings to obey
Going with the infant Jesus
Where ere He lead their way

Chorus

I dreamed I saw the hallowed light
Shining above His brow
One thought the Infant Jesus
Had grown to manhood now

I saw him make the deaf to hear
Also the blind to see
I saw Him make the lame to walk
And saw Him walk on the sea

Chorus

One thought I saw the Judas
Betray Christ with the kiss
And in my dream I trembled
At the wickedness of this

One thought I saw Him crucified
With the thorns upon His brow
His body nailed upon the cross
But I was weeping now

Chorus

When one thought I saw his ascension
My heart with rapture thrilled
For God our father's promise
Through His Son had been fulfilled

As voices of heavenly angels
On earth the tidings sound
'Tis Him the great Redeemer
Has redeemed the sins of man

Chorus

Popular Posts